The National Unit is commissioned by the Department of Health and Public Health England to support the delivery of FNP locally and oversee the programme nationally. Our role includes:
- Providing training and clinical guidance to family nurse supervisors and nurses
- Ensuring the support that clients receive is of the highest quality
- Developing adaptations to the programme so it remains socially, politically and clinically up to date
- Overseeing research and evaluation to highlight the effect of FNP and early intervention
- Developing products that help improve outcomes for children, focusing specifically on pregnancy and the early years.
The National Unit is made up of five teams: Clinical, Operations, Improvement and Development, Communications and Business Development. You can read more about the Heads of these teams below.